Thursday, March 21, 2013

My true star and captain and a Spring Lunch

"Success means having the courage,
the determination,
and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be!" 

My beautiful, talented, intelligent, kind, thoughtful, athletic
daughter
Rachel
is my true star.

Yesterday at her Cortina Tigers team soccer practice she became
Team Captain
with one of her besties and talented Quincy Chatwin.
While others, including Rachel, might be surprised
at the coaches decision...
it does not surprise me...
NOT even one bit!

Rachel hasn't been playing soccer for very long and definitely not as long as most of her friends...
but she is a 
LEADER 
to her siblings, her friends, teachers and those who watch her.
She is kind to her friends...
even when they aren't kind back.
She is the only one her siblings...
 say they like and who is kind to them.
She is the one teachers seek out...
to reward her for good behavior and hard work.
She is the example to others...
who watch her because she shines both inside and out!

Watching her tonight play her best...
is wonderful and I'm very proud,
but watching her be the first to respond to a crying teammate who felt she had lost the game,
or the girl on the bench who felt bad she didn't get to play...
is why my Rachel
will always be the  
TRUEST STAR AND CAPTAIN 
in my heart and in my life
FOREVER!



    I love you Rachel!

********************************
On a separate note we had a company spring lunch
to celebrate one of our employees
leaving to serve a
LDS church mission to Tallahassee, FL-spanish speaking.
Kie Lovell you are going to make one
GREAT missionary and I'm so excited for you and for all those people you will touch!
We played a few Minute to Win It games,
boys played football
and we ate a yummy lunch.
I was thinking as I was sitting in my lawn chair...
with the weather a beautiful 80 degrees
how grateful I was that I live in Arizona,
knowing my mom and dad were getting snow in Missouri!
 Love the form Tony (our boss) has with this throw!
 Heidi planned the day and is giving us our instructions!

 Tony and Heidi wrapping streamers around their arms!

 LaRae, Jason, Kish and Jonathan pulling out tissues!
 All around BEST picture of the day!
I love my Chelsea girl!
 Cameron sure loves to have fun.
Trying to balance 5 die on a popsicle stick!
 I actually should have video taped this game...
shaking ping pong balls
 Throwing marshmallows in a cup!
 I sure LOVE LaRae...
we were really enjoying the weather too!
    This is what the girls enjoyed doing
while the boys' play football!
I sure do love our Citires team!
         

1 comment :

The Flewellen Adventures said...

Oh my gosh!! This is great!! Haha I love those pictures they're hilarious!! Kie had a really funny video of the ping pong ball shake on my work email. And Austin tagged me on facebook in his video that he took