Friday, March 22, 2013

A memorial and a Spring Day

A beautiful family in our ward is grieving today.
After a long fight with cancer,
our friend
Jamie Cooper
passed away Wednesday night
leaving behind
her beloved husband, and five children.

This has been especially difficult news for my sweet hubby,
who has dealt with his own loss and grief.
When I asked him what we should do...
or what we should say,
with tears rolling down his face
he said,
"I don't know."

I was surprised that he wouldn't know what to do having once been in this man's shoes. 
It just goes to show that the way someone grieves the loss of a loved one
is never an easy experience.
So we will continue to pray for them,
serve them in any way we can,
and wrap our arms around their children.

It is because life can be short
and we never know when our time may be up
that I especially
enjoy days like today with my hubby.

He originally had taken a three-day weekend off to enjoy a 
Father-in-Son 
weekend with my boys...
but when that got cancelled I thought we could head out of town
as a family and enjoy this rare occassion.
I'm so proud of my sweet hubby that instead of
spending the weekend
in a paid for hotel in San Diego...
that he choose to stay home and fulfill his Sunday calling to 
teach his gospel doctrine lesson
instead of cancelling and making someone else do it!
  I always say,
"I married a GREAT man."
So instead we stayed home and enjoyed the beautiful
SPRING
temperatures of Arizona.
Spent the day together, running errands, eating lunch with the Lambson's and enjoying each other's company!

Life really doesn't get any better than that!
So take the time each day to 
CHERISH
every moment you have with your family!
Life is too short not to!
          

1 comment :

Ron Flewellen said...

I am married to a great daughter of God that is for sure.