Sunday, March 31, 2013

Visitors and Easter Message

We have visitors...
 Cade-9 years old
 Kylie-3 years old
 Shayla - 7 years old
 
JT - almost 4 mos. old
 My one and only sister
(we have 6 brothers...who we love)
but we were ALL we had growing up in the girl department.
Even though my sister and I are 
EIGHT years apart...
we have been each others BEST friend.
The one and only time we were pregnant together we ended up with these TWO cute boys only 
EIGHT days apart!  
 Jacob and Cade are BEST buddies. 
Today during our Easter Egg Hunt when Cade found the only
GOLDEN EGG
he shared his good fortune with JACOB!
They have a connection...
because they are family first!   
 Seven years ago I headed to my sister's house to find
REFUGE
from a raging storm going on in my life.
Instead Shayla was born the day of my arrival
and it is the one and only time
I've ever witnessed
the birth of a child.
I treasure the experience and have a soft spot in my heart for
SHAYLA!     
 Donna just gave birth less than four months ago but she always looks gorgeous no matter what!
 Maybe it is logistics...
or maybe it is we are sisters...
but our families have a special connection.
And despite our children's age difference 
my children have the best friend cousins ever!

I was honored that they would ask me to take these special pictures of their sweet family...
they all just make me smile!
***********************
I attended one of the best church services today.
One of our own
KIE LOVELL
is leaving for his mission this week.
Because he has been public about it and because he mentioned it in his sacrament talk today,
I do not hesitate to comment that
he had been told that he would 
NEVER
be able to serve a mission
because of past mistakes and sin.
He petitioned the First Presidency of the Church on several occasions to be able to be granted permission to go.
It was finally granted in February!
His story is what EASTER is all about.
The story of the 
ATONEMENT
and
CHRIST'S LOVE FOR EACH OF US.
Kie and so many of us
are living proof that if we change and repent
and turn our lives
over to God
that we can truly find
JOY
in this life and in the life to come!

Happy Easter!  
         

2 comments :

Jennifer B. Slack said...

Gorgeous pictures Jana!

Also, thank you for sharing about The Atonement. I needed to lift today.

Sure love you! Hugs!!!

Jennifer B. Slack said...

I mean, I needed the lift today:)